1. Audrey Horne (Twin Peaks) -- They rather ruined her a bit in S2, but enough of the awesomeness of Audrey S1 remained that she's still #1. Sherilyn Fenn holds an honorary spot as my fave actress ever because of this role.
2. Logan Echolls (Veronica Mars) -- I just love him. So many layers, so much depth, so hot, so wonderful, so woobie, so everything!
3. Dale Cooper (Twin Peaks) -- If you can't tell I'm a big TPer, and I adore Cooper even with the stupid direction changes MacLachlan insisted upon in S2 (Ech to Annie!)
4. B'Elanna Torres (Paris) (Star Trek: Voyager) -- Half-Klingon, half-human, pretty much all super-smart bitch. Roxann Dawson just rocks and I adore just about every line out of B'Elanna's mouth ... even the techno-babble.
5. Fox Mulder (X-Files) -- If it were not for the woobie awesomesness of this character, I'm not sure I would have stuck with XF as long as I did. Well, I know that because I just lost interest (although I tried) after he left. Love David Duchovny forever!
6. Xander Harris (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) -- Seemed like the red-headed stepchild in the Buffy fandom, but Xander has always been my favorite. I think Nicholas Brendon is way dreamier than any other male in the Buffy universe, and as good an actor as anyone else in the cast. Goofy, lovable, dang sexy when given the opportunity. Lordy, I love Xander.
7. C.J. Cregg (The West Wing) -- Was there even a moment when this character wasn't kicking the most possible ass that could be kicked? Was there ever a line, a look, a word that wasn't the epitome of cool when coming from Allison Janney? I think not.
8. Chandler Bing (Friends) -- While I enjoyed watching the show itself, I didn't necessarily like the others stand-out wise, let alone love them. Chandler? I absolutely adored him!
9. Zhaan (Farscape) -- Even though she wasn't in the entire series, I loved what we got. There were just so many levels of sweet, serene, ironic, dangerous, fun and funny to her.
10. River Tam (Firefly) -- Just cool. I would just get chills watching certain moments with her. Just awesome.
11. Barney (How I Met Your Mother) -- Best new character since Logan Echolls (albeit very different). Funny, funny and did I mention funny?
12. Jack Bauer (24) -- Dude, it's Jack!
13. John Crichton (Farscape) -- I loved his evolution. Crichton may be the single best consistent character growth/arc I've ever seen on a television show.
14. Michael Vaughn (Alias) -- Love! I just lost interest in watching the show when he "died."
15. Jack Bristow (Alias) -- Victor Garber can do no wrong.
16. David Addison (Moonlighting) -- Bruce Willis became a star based on this show and rewatching those early seasons it's so easy to see why.
17. Spike (BtVS) -- I may have despised the Spike/Buffy hook-up, but it doesn't take away from the fact that I did adore the character.
18. Brenda Leigh Johnson (The Closer) -- There are so many aspects of this show I love, but I don't think it would work without the awesomemess of Brenda.
19. Veronica Mars (Veronica Mars) -- Would have been MUCH higher preS2. Seriously, I cry that I have her so low on this list, but S2 Veronica was just so not fun or interesting and so much of a bitch and selfish. Sigh.
20. Kara Thrace (Battlestar Galactica) -- I didn't kickass adore her as much in S2/3, but I still loved her then, but the miniseries and S1, she was just the female equivalent of Jack Bauer. A redefinition of kickass!
21. Bree Van de Camp (Desperate Housewives) -- While the show has dragged and some characters have lagged, Marcia Cross has managed to keep Bree so deliciously watchable. (But I still miss Rex! Wah!)
22. Lynette Salvo (Desperate Housewives) -- It would take a helluva lot more than the lame-ass-ness of most of S2 to make me stop loving Lynette. Felicity Huffman is simply a godess.
23. Gregory House (House) -- Watch the show. There's my reason.
24. JD/Turk/Cox (Scrubs) -- I'm aware that I'm cheating, but I couldn't put JD without Turk and I couldn't put JD or Turk without Cox and so, it's a three for one deal. They are all awesome and funny and heartbreaking in their own individual ways. Ah.
25. Izzy Stevens (Grey's Anatomy) -- I know a lot don't like her, but I love Katherine Heigl and so therefore I love Izzy (even if I hate Alex. Go George/Izzy!).
I'm sure I'm missing some that I'll smack my head for later, but these came to my head surrounded by a cranky, post-pregnant sister, 5-day old baby and two nephews!