OMG! I love this show so much. And I'm not just saying that because this was such a Jeff/Annie shipper's dream episode! Things that cracked me up so hard:
- Buddy speaking about throwing things off, the opening credits interrupt him and then he finishes his sentence. HAH!
- Buddy saying that they are all Jeff's puppets, them denying it and Jeff holding up his hand to quiet them and sudden silence. Hee!
- The entire group cracking up collectively at the idea of Britta being the wise-cracker.
- Pulling Buddy off the table, I do like Jack Black and that part killed me dead!
- The call-backs to the Abed/Troy rap -- TWICE!, and GDB.
- Unexpected Owen Wilson cameo, made even funnier by the fact that the cast and NBC promoted the hell out of Jack Black's appearance and this cameo was TOTALLY a shocker!
- SCORE! Starburns is in the cool group.
But my three favorite things about the episode ...
1. It was so Jeff/Annie, I mean hello! He asked Abed, "what do I get?" and Annie walked in. And then when Annie left, he said "that's what's I get." Awww. Not to mention, tons of other little things. Oh boy!
2. We saw so much Jeff/Abed/Annie interaction, my three favorite characters!!
3. That Mash ending music/credits. BWAH!
So frickin' hilarious.
Oh, and Jeff and Annie get their own section, they had so much awesomeness! There was TONS of Jeff/Annie in tonight's episode.
- Jeff's comment about not sexualizing Annie when Buddy did the the, well, sexualing thing. Sure, he mentioned it was because she was young, but still, he took note of the moment and was protecting her!
- Jeff is the editor of the paper, Annie's a reporter. Uh huh!
- Annie "Hot Lips" Edison works on two levels. First of all, "Hot Lips" because Jeff kissed her. SWEET! And secondly because on M*A*S*H Hawkeye and Margaret "Hot Lips" Houlihan were the main, root-for couple. From the Wikipage on the character:
In early seasons of the television show, it was shown that Margaret had a crush on Captain Trapper John McIntyre, professing how attractive she found his crooked smile and sturdy frame. She also had a brief relationship with Hawkeye Pierce, whose talent for kissing often left her speechless. In the later seasons, the two developed a close friendship and seemed to be developing feelings for each other, but kept their relationship mostly platonic. In the show's final episode, Houlihan and Pierce bid farewell to each other with a prolonged, passionate, open-mouthed kiss.
So, DOUBLE LAYERED SHIPPERY GOODNESS!!!
- Annie touched Jeff, and you know they just talked and stuff and it was cool, cuz they were together. :)
- Squee!! The Dean said that Annie listens to Jeff. Awww, it's something!
- I know Annie's response was childish when Jeff told her she couldn't write the article, but it was still Jeff/Annie interaction, and therefore awesome!
- Annie throwing Jeff's words back in his face with such a sweet smile. HEE!
- "Milord, milady!" I love how that is soooooooo Jeff and Annie's thing that Buddy addresses them as such. Woohoo!
- Finally, I LOVED when Jeff asked what did he get out of being the leader and then, and then, and then ... SQUEE!!! Annie walked in, and was all sweet and awesome about him. And then, and then, and then after Annie left, Jeff said that was the upside.