Hee! That was so funny. I do love the Sheldon/Penny dynamic, and Sheldon, period, but honestly? Just overall, this show makes me laugh so much, so often, so hard. DAMN FUNNY! I mean, all of it, every moment, just hysterical.
Specific things I liked --
- Sheldon looking back at the white board after the guys left acknowledging that it *was* their only option.
- Sheldon informing Penny that Leonard went to the movies without him ... but it was his only option.
- Sheldon explaining that his money was guarded by snakes.
- Sheldon smiling when Penny was taking the money. Awwww!
- Penny taking the money, putting it back, taking more, putting it back, taking it back, getting more.
- Sheldon's talk of his social interaction diary.
- Penny telling Leonard if he moved in, she couldn't keep her hands off of him, and then her glee when she said: "See, and you thought my acting lessons weren't paying off!"
- Leonard invoking Frodo, Samwise, Merry and Pippin and Sheldon calmly informing him that things didn't go so well for them.
- Leonard pointing out that he was wearing cargo shorts under his pants.
- Sheldon's ode to Leonard.
- Penny's hair looked gorgeous in tonight's episode.
All in all, just HYSTERICAL!!! Love this show.
HIMYM -- Eh, not so funny tonight. It had some really funny moments, and there were a few cute Barney/Robin moments, but after the last couple of brilliant episodes (and the hilarity of TBBT), it was a tad let-downish. Still, a let-down of a HIMYM episode is still pretty damn funny, so I won't grouse.
Stuff I did love ...
- Barney getting down to propose to Robin with no one paying attention after Marshall said she could marry a US citizen, and then quietly getting up (with no one noticing) when he said it wouldn't happen in time.
- Using the hot-dog eating contest to show off Alyson's baby bump.
- The long, tender, head-cupping hug between Barney and Robin at the end.
- No one coming to Dr. X's "happenings."