Season 6: Not as good, 11 out of the 24, and then 7 of the top 12.
Still, I think I'm doing pretty good and I did note the top three of each year. So, so far this season, I actually have more names than I normally would simply because I do think they clearly are showing more better singers as opposed to the craptastic ones mostly.
- EmilyWynn-Hughes: She's the pink-haired one who's screwing her bandmates over. A bit off, but she is good. I expect the off might have been due to nerves.
- J.B. Afhua - Does NOT sound 16.
* - Arianna Afsar - One of my early faves. She got an * next to her name. (She's the one who does "Grandfriend" thing.) She just had an interesting, interesting voice. Good.
- Stevie Wright - Sang "At Last," another youngin' but didn't look it. A bit flat on the low notes, but she DOES have a very good voice.
- Michael Sarver - He's good. (Yup, that's all I wrote.)
- Deanna Brown - I actually don't like her personally, but she'll likely go far.
- Cody Sheldon - Good voice.
- Alex Wagner-Trugman - Interesting.
- Scott MacIntyre - Blind guy; lovely voice, I REALLY liked the ending note. And you know if he makes it into the semi's, his story will help with votes, too.
- Ashley Anderson - Good, but too much vibrato.
* - Casey Caulson - Another early fave with the * next to her name. She had nerves going, but I love her tone.
- Von Smith - Hat, sang 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow.' Good voice, but TOO BIG. He needs to tone it down. Why they didn't tell him so, but did the other guy (later down my list) is beyond me.
* - Michael Castro - DANG, he was good! I put an * next to him. Better than Jason (if not as beautiful, sigh), but yeah, I was really impressed and I just *liked* him.
- Matt Breitze - Bald, big daddy ... good voice.
* - Jessica Furney - Nice. That's all I wrote, BUT I did put an * next to her name, so I really liked her.
* - India Morrison - Another *, she came in with sis and sang much better. She is good, really good. I think we may get some great performances from her. I hope so.
- Jamar Rogers - Good, but needs to tone it down. This is the guy they told to tone it down. Why him and not Von Smith, I don't know, but okay.
- Danny Gokey - Good voice and his backstory (dead wife) will get him sympathy votes. But he does have a very nice voice.
- Anoop Deai - I did NOT expect that voice, I liked.
* - Asa Barnes - Very, VERY good. Michael Jackson is hard to sing. I know that most automatically assume that Justin Guarini can't sing if they didn't actually watch his season and haven't listened to his records or him live, but he is an AMAZING singer. Really, really awesome ... and his MJ song was a disaster. MJ is VERY hard to sing and takes a specific voice. Barnes pulled it off, and I liked him.
- Lil Rounds - Another one I'm putting here despite not liking her style. She reminds me of a Tamyra, LaToya, etc. style of singer and I did not like either of those. I just don't like this style of singing, but she may surprise me. I don't expect it though, but I think she'll go very far. Possibly top four (kicked out at the same point as Tamyra and LaToya).
So that's A LOT for the first days, but checking my early posts from the last two years, there were some days where I had tons, I expect lighter days ahead, LOL!
Top Chef - Jeff is safe, that's what matters. Ariane is not a favorite, but Leah so should have gone home over her. I agree with harper47, the show kept Leah over Ariane for stupid drama reasons because of the whole Leah/Hosea thing.
I was thinking that Hosea and Radica were good bets for final three, but now I'm not so sure. I do think that it's Stefan, *sigh*, Jaime *ugh* and possibly one of those two or *fingers crossed* my beloved Jeff.
I hope it's Jeff.