1. Reply to this post, and I will pick five of your icons.
2. Make a post (including the meme info) and talk about the icons I chose.
3. Other people can then comment to you and make their own posts.
4. This will create a never-ending cycle of icon squee.
1. When the second season of So You Think You Can Dance rolled around, I decided to watch it and was now on LJ, however, I didn't have an icon that would fit the dancing theme and since I would also be watching Dancing with the Stars, I decided to remedy that. I love the song "Dance of the Cucumber" from Veggie Tales and decided to do a riff on that. So I went searching for a picture of a dancing cucumber, found this shot by Roberto Mangosi and loved it at first glance. So I grabbed it, resized it, did some texturing, threw the Spanish for "Dancing Cucumber" (as the song is partially in Spanish) on there and made sure to keep Mangosi's name credited on the icon. So now it's my fall-to dancing icon.
2. I'm not insanely into Kelly Clarkson any longer as I once was (September 2002 through May 2006), but I still adore her and her music and I wanted at least one Kelly icon with which to express that love when needed. This shot is from an Entertainment Weekly photoshoot and it's one of my fave shoots of her, and my favorite picture from that shoot, so I decided to go with it. And because Kelly IS a star, I added the star graphic and some desaturation technique to the image to make a pretty icon.
3. I rarely do the cropping to just a section of the face pics, but this one just screamed for it. It's a great shot of Logan from the fourth episode of Veronica Mars season three, "Charlie Don't Surf." I muted the image a bit to show Logan's sadness and it's a good, 'I'm depressed, life sucks' shot to use in general. Plus, Jason is pretty. And he angsts so very prettily.
4. This is my default Doctor Who icon because THIS is the Doctor/Rose relationship in a nutshell for me. A hand to hold. There for one another. Light, darkness, plus the sparkle of life and joy shown in the different colors and flash. It's from the first episode of the new Who with Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor and Billie Piper as Rose and it's their first intimate hand-hold (second of the series at that point).
5. I just wanted a Neil Patrick Harris icon. I actually am not particularly fond of this one, but I haven't found one I really like yet. Every few weeks or so, I play around with other pictures and graphic designs, but I haven't gotten it right yet. This is actually not a serious or sad shot funnily enough. He's on the phone looking up at the gang and his full expression in the context of the picture is rather a 'What? I'm trying to hook up with some girl here. What do you want?' rather than the emo angst it wound up looking like, LOL!
So there you go!