- First off, I don't like Jason's bangs. Too, I don't know, can't put my finger on it, but I don't like the style.
- I actually watched the whole episode (okay except for the OTT Mick/Beth beach scene in the beginning), it was pretty good. There really was a better flow and it was more interesting than past eps I watched. So yay.
- I do think AOL is getting better (he still does zip for me), but aside from Jason, it's really Sophia Myles that I like the most. I think she did a FABULOUS job with her final line: "You may have forever, but I don't." All in all, I just like her.
- Eric Winter is hot; I like Talbot.
- The vampire fight was pretty cool. I think they did a great job of really illustrating the difference in vampire fighting vs. human fighting. And I liked the cat in the beginning of the episode, because it added a tinge later on in this scene where it really came across as the vampires having a cat-like sound, intensity, agility when fighting (and I say this having three cats whom I've seen fight). I have to say that I'm really glad that they played it as rough as they did because knowing the spoilers (about Mick asking Josef to turn him), I thought beforehand, oh, if you ask nicely enough, Josef will go and kick vampire ass for you and you can still remain human and eat your Krispy Kremes (over-rated in my opinion, by the way). However, after seeing the fight, those three vamps probably would have been a bit much even for Josef just on his own.
- Of course, the main thing from this episode comes in two parts:
Josef going all vamp on Mick, scaring the bejesus out of him to prove a point. I'm actually one who isn't all that 'ooh, ahh' over the whole vampire thing, so that didn't do anything for me. However, I LOVED how Josef reacted when he was up close and personal and was resisting the urge to sniff Mick; it was so obvious that he was fighting the need and desire to just bite down.
Of course, he got that opportunity when Mick convinced him to turn him back.
And could they have filmed that scene to be more homoerotic? Seriously. I mean ... SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!! The leaning over, the ecstasy on their faces, the camera shots that made the two look like they were in an embrace, Josef laying down Mick, Josef pulling his jacket off ... it was just, wow, they actually went there in keeping the whole sexual aspect of the turning even though it was the two guys. So score Moonlight! I imagine that all of the Josef/Mick fans were in H-E-A-V-E-N. I don't know that a non-canon, hoyay! pairing that doesn't really exist in TV has ever gotten such a goodie from the actual show before.
Just heads up for anyone interested, the Jason clips from tonight's episode should be up tomorrow morning at the latest in this thread on my Jason board: A-Dohring Crowd.