1. I was right. Hah! Always number one. I kept saying that perhaps a show would retool and recast from the Pilot (like BtVS with Willow), but I was shot down. And AHA! It happened. Yay for me. (And yeah, Jason, too.)
2. The fact that this is (a) WB productions (b) Silver productions and (c) on CBS with Les Moonves likely means that we were not the only ones impressed with JDoh. The big boys liked him too, so YAY!!!!
3. I was worried that we wouldn't see him anymore because that seems to be the way with all actors I've loved, but the fact that he was cast in this by those big names (throw David Greenwalt, who knows something about star power, in the mix because he had to approve it, I'm sure) means that even if this tanks, I have more faith that he WILL get something else because he has made an impact. Woo-to-the-freaking-hoo!!!!!!!
4. A mischievous vampire!?!?! He's going to be playing a MISCHIEVOUS vampire!?!?!? GAH!!! Kill me now with joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. There are four main cast members it looks like and he's one of 'em. AHHHHHHHHH!!!! One of FOUR main and he was hired to essentially be the young eye candy (not that he's not talented too, of course) which means ...
6. PROMOTION!! They will promote him. And since this is CBS, there will likely be a helluva lot more promotion for him ... probably pre-show will offer more promotion that all three seasons of Veronica Mars combined.
7. Promotion done NOT BY THE CW!!!! Meaning, hopefully no more horrific photos, photo-shopped crap from hell, budgetary concerns to a crazy degree.
8. Finally, Jason's pale, Irish complexion will finally work for the character.
YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doing the happy dance, doing the happy dance!!!!
Apparently, Audra McDonald is replacing Merrin Dungey in Private Practice, but no further cast changes are planned.
Earlier this month, there were rumblings that execs had concerns that the Private lineup wasn't perfect, especially after some of the actors didn't "pop" with audiences. "Grey's Anatomy was cast off whoever seemed to fit the parts best and have good chemistry," says a well-placed source. "The spin-off was cast with actors the network and studio already had under contract."
Nevertheless, there are not expected to be any further cast changes coming before the show goes into production next month.
Damnit!! Well, I can just go back to hoping it crashes and burns and Kate Walsh goes back to Grey's Anatomy.
Damn. Ah, at least Jason DOES have something now at least.